Social welfare programs were created to organize resources and focus attention on specific problem areas or to help prevent the deterioration of conditions necessary for the successful functioning of individuals, families and communities. To facilitate handling the wide variety of social welfare programs a number of separate categories have been created for this section of the Web site.
- "Report, Flint, Michigan, November 30, 1934
- "Social Security:" Origin of the Term
- "What is Professional Social Work?" by L.A. Halbert
- A Needed Amendment To Restrict Child Labor
- A Problem as Old as the Nation - A History of American Substance Abuse
- Acts And Resolves Relating To The Institution For The Blind